Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Why I Started Blogging

I started blogging because I had to do it.  Really I did.  I felt a call to Christian comedy and did the Jonah thing and ran, ran, ran.  I did not want to be so transparent and vulnerable like comedy makes one standing up there with no where to hide.

Finally, I deciced to jump into the deepend and see if there was any water in the pool, but I did not have any CDs or DVDs of my stand up comedy to use as demos.  I thought second best would be a comedy column and why not start with what I could do myself, a blog.  Now, five years later, I'm on 15 online magazines with my syndicated humor column, called Momlaughs.  I have performed as a standup comedian 150 times at least, besides the line at Starbucks.  And, well now I am addicted to fun.  I have decided we can either cry or laugh and I have decided to laugh.

I got a better book contract that I ever have in the past.  I have a great literary agent named Sandra Bishop. 

I blog at Momlaughs.  Click here
I also blog for other writers at Writing Mentor and those desiring to be published or begin a speaking tour.  Click here


 And, I am linking back to where I got this idea...  Patty Wysong's blog today asked the question...
Why do I blog?  And you can answer that question on your blog and then link to her blog.  Click here

1 comment:

  1. =] So many of us started because we felt the need to. =] Cool to see how it's developed and grown for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete